Bajirao, the elder son of Bhat Family (Maharashtrian Brahmin) fallen in love with the Mastani (Muslim); Bhat family was totally in the denial of this relationship which is obvious. But the Love is blind and brave too. Their rise of Love and fallen of lives is the story of Bajirao Mastani Movie.
The story is focused on the Bajirao's inhouse politics and struggle rather than his war strategy and life span.
Astonishing acting of Ranveer Singh, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Milind Soman, Mahesh Manjrekar, Tanvi Azmi and Raza Murad made the story stronger than it is.
|Bajirao (Ranveer Singh)|
- Bajiroa - Ranveen Singh adopted the character so well that it feels real with his fluent dialogue delivery with all that getup.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Direction: Devdas, Ram Leela and now Bajirao Mastani, SLB has furious way to direct a movie, which is generally away from orthodox directions.
- Colors and sets used: Same as Ram Leela, the color in this movie are rich. The Aaina Mahel, (similar to Moghl-e-azam) will leave you speech less.
- War scenes, now bollywood can match the quality of Hollywood war scenes. I literally enjoyed it.
- Kasi Bai: Kasibai, the 1st wife and love of Bajiroa, is the unsung hero of this movie. The perfect casted character with justified script. Played by Priyanka Chopra.
- Radhbai: Mother of bajirao. Tanvi Azmi has surprised everyone with her mesmerizing acting.
|Kasibai (Priyanka Chopra)|
- Bajirao and Mastani's love is not justified. There should be more minute on how it happened. The whole story is focused on their love struggle.
- The End, the last 5 minutes, Bajiroa's hallucination scene is something hard to digest and looks bit dramatic thus lacks conviction.
- Less war scenes. bajirao as a Peshwa of Chhatrapati Sahu, had faught many huge bettle. To name few - Battle with Battle of Delhi with Moghals, Battle of Bhopal with Nazam, etc. It would have really great if those war was covered.
Must watch movie not because of the stardom but because Maratha Emperor is bright part of Indian history which nobody taught us well.